Invest in Yourself
The global financial services market is expected to reach $28.5 trillion by 2025—and that means career opportunities for trained and qualified financial experts.
Bauer’s MS in Finance program helps you develop the financial expertise you need to excel in this fast-paced field. You can tailor your degree to your career goals and interests with six specialized tracks Corporate Finance, Investments and Portfolio Management, Financial Planning and Wealth Management, Quantitative Finance, Energy Finance, and Real Estate Finance.
This STEM-designated degree is ideal for professionals from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. You’ll work with a world-class faculty and embark on hands-on projects with multinational businesses across industries both here in Houston and beyond.
With in-person and online program modalities available, the MS in Finance is designed with you in mind. Study full-time or part-time, join your classmates on campus or log-in from the comfort of home. Either way, you pick the program that’s best for you.
Bauer’s MS in Finance will help you develop highly employable skills in a desirable field — more than 92% of our graduates land a rewarding job within six months at top employers like Exxon, Google, and Ernst & Young.
Are you ready to change your future?
The Bauer Difference
- The world of finance is always in demand—according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment rates for financial managers are projected to grow 17% by 2030.
- Options matter: In-person or online, part-time or full-time—you get to pick the path that works for your life.
- Choose from six specialized tracks Corporate Finance, Investments and Portfolio Management, Financial Planning and Wealth Management, Quantitative Finance, Energy Finance, and Real Estate Finance.
- Build a powerful network in Houston, the 3rd largest urban environment in the U.S. and home to more than 1,400 financial services companies
The Bauer MS in Finance program is designated as a STEM Advanced Degree, providing you with the transferable problem-solving, analysis, and critical thinking skills that employers desire.
CFA University Affiliation Program
The MS in Finance Program meets the high standards demanded by the CFA Institute, a global organization that promotes high standards in ethics, education, and professional excellence in the financial community.
Learning by doing is key at Bauer. Here, you’ll have a range of opportunities to get hands-on experience, from managing our private, multimillion-dollar Cougar Investment Fund to working on a real-life industry consulting project over the summer.
Houston’s Hot Job Market
Houston is a global business leader that’s home to dozens of Fortune 500 companies. You’ll work directly with many of these companies through real-world projects, learning invaluable lessons and making important connections.
The Rockwell Career Center at Bauer gives you access to a dedicated team of career advisors who will provide you the resources and coaching you need to chart the next steps in your career.
Last year, more than 700 Bauer College of Business students were awarded more than $3 million in Bauer scholarships. Contact the Bauer Scholarship Coordinator to learn more.
Learn from the Best
Bauer’s faculty include renowned educators, industry professionals, and avid researchers and publishers of scholarly work.
Cullen Distinguished University Chair and Professor of Finance
- Faculty director of Bauer’s Gutierrez Energy Management Institute (GEMI)
- Recipient of University of Houston’s Excellence Award for Research and Scholarship and Teaching Excellence Award
- Research published in Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial Economics, and more
How To Apply
Admission to the MS in Finance program requires a four-year undergraduate degree in any discipline from an accredited university. BBA Finance graduates from the UH Bauer College of Business who are admitted to the MSF program within two years of graduating with the undergraduate degree will require only 30 graduate credits (or ten full-semester courses) to complete the MSF degree.
What makes a Bauer MS Finance student?
Data reflects entering classes of Fall 2021
Attend a MS Event
Join an in-person or online event to learn more about how a Bauer MS can work for you.